joi, 5 martie 2009
haha gotcha, eh? XP

You can relax, I'm not dead. Still kickin', thanks. :P And neither is anyone I know, so don't stress.
I've just been completely wrapped up in...well, life really. It's crazy how things kick back into gear when you think you've finally managed to slow down the pace and enjoy your time, eh? Heh...And besides, I’m not into the habit of posting for the sake of saying something, even when I have nothing to say that’s worth an entire post.

So, anyway. A recap of my latest months is at least worth a post, wouldn’t you say? If anything, at least I can properly prove that I’m not dead, nor have gone missing.

College is being a bitch again, poor thing hasn't had any in ages and it's starting to take its toll. =))) But yeah, it's not really so bad. At least not yet. :D We’re gonna have to decide on a PhD subject soon, and on the professor we want to coordinate it and all that shit, which is such a major pain in the behind for someone who’s not the least bit interested in such matters (aka moi XP) but oh, well, I’ll live it through, it’s not like it’s the end of the world, right? ;]

I'm still writing, and it's going great so far, which is a major boost for self-confidence. ^.^ I've still got a looooong way to go before I can even hope to be satisfied, but I'm getting there. :D Fun part is, I'm still discovering bits and pieces of the world and of my kids every day, so that's a lot of fun to keep me busy. I'm not gonna lie and say it's all pink and bubbly, cuz it's not. It's a lot of work and a lot of bumps to overcome - God and sis only know how many times I've thought about the possibility that maybe I'm not cut out for this kind of thing, but in the end, I've realized that it's not even about me. It's about my Children and their story and about how I'm the only one who can tell it, which makes me personally responsible for doing just that. :D And besides, there's no rush. I've actually made a deal with myself to write a little bit every day, no matter if it's a page or an entire chapter. I used to think that unless I do like a gazillion pages a day, I'm never gonna finish it, but I've realized that I don't have a deadline hanging over my head and it's not like I have to please anyone but myself with this, so it's okay if I only write a bit a day. As long as I stick to it, even a bit it better than nothing, right? :D And also, a great saying once said: "You can't edit an empty page", so yeah. I'm gonna keep at it!

On another note, we're still not sure if we're gonna make it to OtakuFest this year, cuz we're planning to go to SakuraCon, too, with a couple of friends, and that will prolly leave us broke by OtakuFest (that is, if it's even gonna happen at all, cuz there's been some rumor about not having it this year :-S). We're not sure yet, though. There are still a lot of variables we need to figure out before we can make a decision, so....yeah.

I’m still hoping to get a BJD someday, and I’m still saving up for it, although I am aware that it might take a little over a million years to actually get one. :)) but that’s okay, too, cuz I’m in no hurry about it, either.

My black days are almost gone now, which is a great relief, to say the least. :D There are still the occasional episodes, of course, but they're easier to deal with than the longer periods. Writing has been a huge part of my 'rehabilitation', which is kind of ironic in a way, but I’m glad I now have better things to fill my mind with than….well, the others. :P And also, Lars is thinking about starting his own webcomic, so his joy and enthusiasm is a huge help, too. We usually spend hours online nowadays, talking about each of our projects, ranting and raving about all the huge plans we have for them, popping ideas back and forth and giving each other feedback on progress and stuff. It’s really great fun. <3 Another very important factor is the fact that I can talk to sis about the book whenever I'm not writting, or when I just need to tell someone about all the stories and random scenes that keep popping in my head all the time. You have no idea what a relief it is to have someone there to listen to all your wild crazy fictional fantasies anytime you feel like sharing. Real major sanity-saver right there. XD *huge hug for sis* <333 And then last, but not least, there are my friends over here, my wonderful, caring, brilliant friends who keep me floating everyday. I honestly have no idea what I'd without them to share life with. I owe a lot to my friends - all of them, abroad or...local, so to say. :P <33

Japanese is going good, as well, which makes me very excited. We’re learning a lot of new things at a much quicker rate than before, which is fun, albeit challenging. :P We’ve also started this ‘game’, if you will, where each week teams have to present something Japan-related to the rest of the class: from bits about traditional culture, to a more modern look on Japan, we have to each come up with something to tell the class about. Last week we’ve had two girls talk about the Visual-key movement and they brought pictures, info, even bits of songs from a couple of bands to exemplify the topic. It was so much fun. I was thinking of talking about cosplay when my turn comes, hopefully with sis. I reckon it would be very interesting to see their faces when we show them our cosplay of Rukia and Senna from last year’s Nijikon. XP And I was also thinking of maybe bringing in my costume, to properly illustrate the notion. Wouldn’t that be a kick? :))

I've decided to keep my layout for a while longer, after all. Yeah, so it's not exactly my style and it's way too pink for my tastes, but what the heck. It's kinda cute in its weird, girly kind of way, it's very neat and tidy and besides, cheery blossoms = ALL WIN no matter how you look at it! =)) So I think I'll live. :D

Oh, and also, I'm gonna be posting in English from now on. For one, because it's much more comfortable for me than Romanian (weird, I know, but you should have gotten used to my oddities by now XP and if you haven't, then get on it pronto!) and for the other, because I'd like for my foreign readers (however few they are) to not have to grow gray hairs trying to decipher what the hell I'm saying. XD So yeah. If you can't understand, grab a dictionary. :P Or just stop reading this blog altogether. I don't mind, really. ^.^


Anyway. That’s about it for now. Hope this is reassurance enough that I'm still alive and (reasonably) well. :D Until next time (hopefully in the not too distant future), take care, luvs! <3

I'm seeing you off now with a 2 in 1 of my latest obsessions: Blue October (long time runner XP) and Twilight (say what you will, it still won't change the fact that I like the books, as well as the movie XD). Enjoy!


Posted by Nana at 15:45 |

2 Comments:

At 5 martie 2009 la 19:35, Anonymous Anonim said........
loved to read about you on the internet and not in real life. you seem so much different here. i don't know why, maybe it's because you show your feelings more freely. or is it just me???

lol. anyway...hugs.
 


At 5 martie 2009 la 22:11, Anonymous Anonim said........
I dunno, maybe. I do tend to speak more openly here than in real circumstances, because here I know that I risk hurting less people than if I'd speak up IRL. Not all the times, of course, but it happens. I dunno, maybe I'm just silly, but that's just how it is. I kinda tend to always think twice before I say something to people as opposed to when I just vent on my blog, which is when I just let things pour out, right or wrong. *shrug*

Also, the blog is one of the few place where I can just rant away till I run out of strength in my fingers to type properly. XD No one to interrupt me here, so I just rant and rant and rant and rant.... In real life I have to let others speak, too, right? :P lol

Tons of hugs heading back to you! >-^.^-<