sâmbătă, 7 martie 2009
Apparently, 'next time' came along sooner than expected! Ain't that nice? :D

So anyway. The reason for this post is to rant about the conference I attended yesterday and the movie I saw today. In that precise order. :P

The conference was a great experience. At first I was slightly reluctant to go, mainly because it was scheduled way too early for my tastes, but I eventually decided that it would be worth going, so I got up with the sunrise (so to say XP)and headed over there. The speaker, Mr. Tetsuya Kaida, General Manager of Toyota Motor Corp., was there to talk to us about "Art and Business in the Japanese Contemporary Culture", as the headline of the conference stated. The entire things is part of the series of events organized in celebration of 50 years since Romania and Japan re-established diplomatic relations. Mr Kaida didn't really know any bit of Romanian, and I'm not sure how his English was, so he spoke in Japanese the whole time and had to have this guy from his team translate, cuz he was Romanian (and a graduate of ASE, too XD). I can't really describe the entire thing, suffice it to say that it was incredibly entertaining as well as informative, and it was a really awesome experience. We saw our Japanese teacher there, too, and she seemed happy to see us, as well. Over all, it really was worth waking up that early. Oh, and for those who want an idea of what they missed, here are a couple of the videos presented: http://www.youtube.com/user/kurumafan.

Later that day, we watched Underworld: The rise of the Lycans and enjoyed the werewolves and the gore (lmao XD).

And today, sis, Roxane and I went to see Twilight in cinema. It really wasn't that much of a big deal for sis and I, cuz we'd seen the movie before quite a number of times and pretty much knew everything by heart already (Roxane, on the other hand, hadn't seen it yet), but we figured it would be a much more interesting view on a really huge screen, on high quality and with appropriate Dolby Surround sound to do it justice. And guess what? It was. <333 At least as far as a couple certain scenes were concerned, it really was worth every cent. We had the misfortune of arriving about ten minutes too late to claim our reservations, and we lost the perfect center seats we'd selected, but that wasn't such a huge drama when we were greeted by Edward's amazing topaz eyes and his glimmering diamond skin. Honestly, it was like...perfect! I could really see -and feel- the story so much more than I'd previously had on my low-quality recorded version I'd gotten off the Internet. And the sound - my God, the sound! I will never get tired of Dolby systems, I swear! Major love on those. <3

Aaaaand yeah. That's about it. Not much of a huge informative post, but who cares?! :P
And now I must be on my way. I need to bestow my darling Rae with the love and attention he so abundantly deserves, so I shall bid my adieu and take my leave. XD

Seeing you off, here's one of the songs that have been stuck in my head after seeing Twilight for the first time. I couldn't find an 'official' version anywhere, so I made my own. Enjoy! ^.^

Posted by Nana at 21:00 |

3 Comments:

At 8 martie 2009 la 09:57, Anonymous Anonim said........
i wish i could have come, but i was in deep need to talk to a friend of mine so me and she had to take our turns in saying what we had to say so we lost track of time and kind of ended up going home at 7. :) hope you understood something from this loooooooong sentence.

anyway, good to hear about twilight. i'll try that too sometime soon hopefully.
 


At 8 martie 2009 la 15:28, Anonymous Anonim said........
hey, it's alright, I dig. :D

and speaking of which...we're thinking of heading over to Cluj sometime around the 20th or 21st for a couple of days to go see Yume before it closes on the 22nd. you game? :D
 


At 9 martie 2009 la 13:09, Anonymous Anonim said........
me not game. i don't know if i managed to tell you that my parents decided to quit their jobs so right now i'm not in the position to ask them for anything....

:(