sâmbătă, 28 martie 2009
"THIS SATURDAY 28 MARCH AT 8.30PM YOU CAN VOTE EARTH BY SWITCHING OFF YOUR LIGHTS FOR ONE HOUR - EARTH HOUR."

And I did. Although mom and I were the only ones in our family actually interested in this, and although dad didn't care and turned on the lights as he passed through the rooms during that hour, I stuck by it. I turned off all my lights at precisely 8.30PM and turned them back on a little after 9.30PM. I may be just one person, but so are millions of other people all around the world. And like them, I chose to give the Earth a break. At least for an hour. I wonder how many others did it, and I wonder how the Earth looked like from outer space during those 60 minutes. I bet it was cool. XD

I know it might not have been much, but I hope it was a nice breath of darkness for Momma Earth, at least for an hour. <3

Fun fact: Romania is the only country in the world that has a website dedicated to organizing and promoting this event locally. Check it out (but only if you know Romanian, otherwise you won't get a thing it says XP): Ora Pamantului.

And you might also like to watch the official video. It says it all much better than I could.



[[ P.S.: I know I probably should have already splurged mountains of minute details and accurate accountings of my trip to Cluj from last weekend, but somehow, I don't really feel like it. And besides, I've come down with a cold the day after we got back, so I'm currently feeling even less like it. >.< However, if you absolutely really must know what happened while we were away, you can check out my sis' blog for a couple of bits. ]]

Posted by Nana at 23:04 |

2 Comments:

At 29 martie 2009 la 11:03, Anonymous Anonim said........
I can't say that I was too interested in this Earth Hour thingy. Three TVs were on in my house, but still I tried to turn off the light.

Sorry to hear about your cold. You missed a lot in Japanese class *giggles* but I'm sure Ina kept you posted on that one.

*hugs*
 


At 29 martie 2009 la 17:43, Anonymous Nana said........
Earth Hour wasn't about switching off all electricity, but about turning off all the lights as a vote for Earth. So if you did turn off all the lights for an hour, you did good. ^.^

And yeah, sis told me about the Japanese girls that came that day, I was so sorry that I missed it. I bet it was awesome.