duminică, 30 august 2009
Long time no see, eh? XD

Yeah, it's been a while, and I won't go into details about why I've been gone and what's happened in the mean time. It's too much useless talking about the past, and I don't see a point in reliving everything just for the sake of keeping record. I think life is meant to be lived right there and then, not retold after it's passed, which is why I'll only jot down a couple of the things that I think are worth mentioning.

1) it's not news at all anymore, but I still think it's worth talking about it - the fact that MJ is no longer with us here. It was a terrible blow to (I think) everyone out there, and not something that will pass from our minds or hearts very easily, if at all. I'm not going to relive that dreadful day, or recall any of the events that followed it, mainly because it's just way too damn painful for me. Honestly. It feels like my life is split in two: the before and after. It hurts that bad. I'm sure it must sound pompous or over-exaggerating, but it's how it feels. And I don't really care what anyone thinks of me because of it. Suffice it to say that I've made my peace with it and have celebrated him in my own personal way. I know that he is happier now than he has ever been before, and I am happy, too, because I know that he deserves every last bit of it. I cannot and will not accept the fact that he's dead, because to me he isn't. Not really. Not ever. Love you for ever, MJ!<3

2) my friends have become a vital part of my life during this summer. They're funny and caring and sweet and amazing and I honestly can't even imagine what I'd do without them. They've helped me through the hard times and shared my pain, they rejoiced through the good times and dance the happy dance with me, and they were there every single other minute in-between. I may have forgotten for a while how truly blessed I am for having them -all of them, even the ones I've had some differences with- but I have been fully reminded of it and I will never again forget it. Friends truly are the most wonderful treasure a person can acquire. And I love all my friends. <333

3) my book is coming along nicely. I admit to having gone through a major writer's block a while back (and by major I mean literally MAJOR, like over a month's break :O), but I am now fully recovered and back at it. I'm not sure anymore if I can finish it by the end of October, as was the original plan (I may have aimed a little too high, LOL XD), but even if I don't, I most certainly am not giving up on it. My Children deserve my hard work and I will not let them down. <3

4) I may be trying my hand at a little bit of art, I think. I am aware that my skills in this particular area need a lot of sanding, but I think I'd like to be able to portray the things I see in my head exactly how I see them (namely my Gifted Children, cuz it seems to be so damn hard to find a suitable face anywhere out there on the entire Internet! >_<). I will need a lot of hard work and endless practice, but I think it will be worth it if I can at least sketch something nice. ^_^

5) I may also join a local GO club here in Bucharest. Together with sis, my cousins and Bebe, I attended the second day of the Japanese Week at the Rural Museum today, and had a go (yay for pun!! XD) at a couple rounds (for those not familiar with the game, wiki provides clarifications XD --> clicky) and I actually liked it a lot. I had tried my hand at it before, but not much, and definitely not aware of the proper rules. But today, and in such fun company (some guys from the Saijo Association hosted the event and they gave people some 1.0.1s on the game, as well as a lot of boards and space to play; they were really patient and kind and incredibly fun to play with, even for novices like me XD) it really began to grow on me. So I'm actually thinking of paying the club a visit and maybe even...y'know...join? Haha, I can already see myself getting whooped by all the existing members, but that's okay. I think it'll be fun nonetheless. ^_^

6) I have watched a shit load of TV series, anime and movies this summer - well, at least so far; at the moment, I'm absolutely hooked on 'The Crow' phenomena, namely 'The Crow: Stairway to Heaven' <3333 LUVLUVLUV!! For those not in the know, wiki comes to the rescue once again --> clicky. It may not be a fresh-outta-the-oven thing, but this series is gold, lemme just tell you, and Mark Dacascos as Eric Draven is pure genius. That man can turn me to a mushy puddle of fangirling swoonage like you'd never believe. LOL <3 I've also downloaded the original '94 movie, starring Brandon Lee (RIP man, you were amazing <3), as well as two of the other movies AND the original comic book. You can just imagine how deliriously happy I am right about now, yes? XD

7) last, but not least, I should mention the second RPG board that I've joined (God knows why, it's not like I don't wreak enough havoc on my already existing characters, both in the RP-verse and the book. ROFL but anyway! >:] ) as well as the twitter account that I've created (another completely senseless mystery of the completely senseless mind. o_o XD); for those interested in catching up with my latest ramblings, clicky here --> twitty.

8) oh, and I'm also looking for a job. XD Not much to say about this one, just that I need some moolah for all the things I have planned out for both my last year of college, as well as beyond. And...yes. Job hunt, hajime! ^-^


For now, that's the latest updates. Expect this place to continue to receive some more posts in the following days/weeks/months/wtvr, but at warring times depending on when/if interesting things happen. I'll try to not forget about it again, but on the other hand don't expect daily updates, either. :P

Signing off, I leave you with the intro to my beloved Crow, in the hope that the theme song will be stuck in your heads as it is in mine. Enjoy! <333



Posted by Nana at 18:45 |

0 Comments: